97 camry cd player

Just bought a cd/tape/radio off of E-bay for my wifes Camry. Its for a Camry but the connections are not compatible with my connectors.. Is this because of a American versus Japanese made car and is there an adapter I could purchase or is there another cd player combo built for this Camry.

Reply to
cmuller

Yes there is an adapter. Try stores like Circuit city Fry's electronics or some othe place that does car stereos. Might even try ebay too. When I bought my player from Circuit ciry they sold me the adatper kit too. About $20

Reply to
Dave

assuming ( i know that's a bad thing to do, but....) that you bought a Toyota Radio, and the connectors are wrong, then I will suggest a trip to the scrapyard (junkyard) to lop off a compatible one. The wire colors will likely all be the same also.

Other than that, the best bet is to resell and buy a match for your model car.

hope that helps

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

The plugs in your car are probably a 10 and a 6 pin connector? The upgrade radio you bought probably has a single15 or 20 pin input (and maybe another for a CD changer)? These radios require an external amplifier! The 20 pin is for 2000 up radios. If 20 pin you can use a JBL amp or std one - if radio says JBL then use the JBL one for better sound. Try

for more info.

Reply to
Wolfgang

i had a kenwood player pulled from a jetta with incompatible connectors. go to walmart, they are $10 at most.

Reply to
fryang