1999 Intrepid - Electrical system immobilized

I have a 1999 Intrepid and appear to be in some big trouble. I went out this morning and the electrical system appears to be disabled. The lights don't go on inside or out. I can't even open my trunk with the key. The red light on the top of the dash is flashing on and off. The battery is new and so is the alternator.

Can anyone tell me what might have happened and what I can do to reset the electrical system?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Arthur

I assume you mean you can't open the trunk with the remote.

To reset the electrical system, disconnect the negative jump post (the main vehicle ground), located on the passenger side strut tower for 15 minutes and then reconnect it. Takes a 15 mmm wrench.

I know you said you have a new battery, but can you check the battery voltage with a meter (put the leads on the pos. and neg. jump posts)? Once you post back with that, we can go from there.

Reply to
Bill Putney

The red lite flashing at the top of the dash, is that an alarm lite telling you that the alarm went off? does this vehicle have the gray skim key?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower