1999 Sebring LXi Door Problem

Today, after I left my training seminar to come home, I unlocked my driver's side door, pulled up on the door handle and to my shock, it came off in my hand. I have never had a door handle break off under normal conditions. Of course it is totally plastic and I suppose over time and environmental conditions it just became weak and broke. But I really think that it was more of a case of defective material or poor design from the start. Of course now I must open the passenger door first in order to release the latch from the driver's door. Anyway, how big of a teardown/replace activity am I going to have to deal with? Thanks for suggestions.

Reply to
Jerry Small

mic canic