1999 T & C A/C Recharging/Low pressure switch location

It?s hot and time to use the A/C. It?s blowing hot air, the compressor won?t turn on, and I can?t find the low pressure cutout switch to bypass and get the compressor to run and allow me to add a couple of cans of R-134a. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Reply to
ab2ih

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

tim bur

van that can keep the system from starting

they are doing. no disrespect intended

Not to mention that if you are intending on bypassing the cutoff switch you really really fall into the class of "get someone who knows what they are doing before you hurt yourself" It's completely unnecessary, a pot of hot tapwater will easily force enough refrigerant into the system to trigger the compressor.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

"tim bur" wrote: > there is a leak in the system if it's low but there is many > things on that van that can keep the system from starting > up and if u have to ask then it should be done by someone who > knows what they are doing. no disrespect intended > just trying to keep someone from blowing up the can of 134 in > the face > > ab2ih wrote: > > > It?s hot and time to use the A/C. It?s blowing hot air, the > > compressor won?t turn on, and I can?t find the low pressure > cutout > > switch to bypass and get the compressor to run and allow me > to add a > > couple of cans of R-134a. Any suggestions would be helpful. > >

1999 T&Country yet, just thought someone out their would be able to say something like ? find the connector mounted on the drivers wheelwell and short pins 9 + 10". I dread the thought of taking it to the dealer and being presented with a bill for $1000 when I might be able to replace a part myself and recharge it for $200. My profession is not an Automotive tech., but rather an Electronics tech. and grew up working on cars often. Scott.