2000 Grand Voyager SE 3.3L will not start - Only makes various clicking sounds

This past Friday, my wife went out to go to work. She tried to start the van and all she heard was clicking sounds. I checked & cleaned the battery connections, checked the ground wire and all the fuses. The battery checks out as 12 volts and it will hold the charge. When I turn the key, all you hear is clicking sounds.

The clicking is one relatively loud, then several small ones in rapid succession. The load click seems to come from the passenger side of the car while the small rapid ones come from the fuse box on the drivers side near the firewall. I also noticed that the headlights were dim. Also, if you just turn on the lights that the clicking happens in the fuse box.

Any suggestions on what might be the problem? I was thinking the solenoid until I heard the rapid clicking in the fuse box.

Sam.

Reply to
Sam

jdoe