2000 town and country head gasket

I recently had some work done on my van. just regular maintenance. the mechanic told me to keep on checking on the coolant as he says i could be in for some head gasket problems. what should i be looking for. my wife drives this vehicle most of the time . the only time i drive it is when it needs some gas or an oil change or taking it to the garage for maintanence., i have a feeling that getting the gasket replaced is a big job. what should i be doing in the mean time to get ready for the eventual breakdown. can it be prevented all help will be appreciated ...cheers

Reply to
tinman007