2001 Chrysler Neon LX

Hi there

I own a chrysler neon 2.0L LX outo with steptronic. I'm crazy about the car but it is very heavy on fuel consump. Its also lacking performance.

What can I do to improve the obove without spending a fortune...??

Please help Hendrik

Reply to
BILE

Characteristic of the breed.

Not much of anything.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

My wife used to own a '97 Neon and she got 30MPG around town and nearly 40MPG on the highway. It was the model with the DOHC engine (Highline Sport, I think)...which would jump to 60MPH in just over 7 seconds. The car was quite a pocket-rocket I thought. The daughter has a 2000 Neon that doesn't have quite the pep, but she still gets over 30MPG average with it...even now with almost

100K miles on it.
Reply to
James C. Reeves

That's nice, but you're applying North American standards. The original poster is not in North America.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Change your lead boots for feather shoes?

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling