P0105

Hi People,

The "Check Engine" light on my 97 maxima came on and when I read the error using an ECU error reader I got a P0105. P0105 corresponds to MAP sensor (thats what the ECU error reader said). I called AutoZone and told them I got a P0105, they told me it could be a MAP or MAF or some kind of loose connection somewhere. What do I do now? Is it MAP or MAF or something else?

If it is MAP, does it say boost sensor on it. If it is MAF is there a hose attached to it, can some one help me locate them both. I am sorry I am asking too many questions, I am sure you guys can understand, if I got to a dealer he is going to rip me of. Please help me. Thank you.

Regards, Solaiy

Reply to
solaiy

Code P0105 maps to a problem detected with the MAP/BARO SW Solenoid/Valve. It could be a clogged/disconnected/broken hose, bad absolute pressure sensor or a bad MAP solenoid/valve. I suppose it also could be an electrical problem with the harness leading to the MAP soleniod/valve (but this is the least likely).

Cheers, Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

Hi Nirav,

If it is the MAP sensor, where is that located? Some said that it could be a MAF(Mass Air Flow) sensor, could that be right. Does it say boost sensor on the MAP sensor? Thank you.

Cheers, Solaiy

Reply to
solaiy

Hi People,

The "Check Engine" light on my 97 maxima came on and when I read the error using an ECU error reader I got a P0105. I also noticed that my mileage dropped by 40 miles/tank. P0105 corresponds to MAP sensor (thats what the ECU error reader said). I called AutoZone and told them I got a P0105, they told me it could be a MAP or MAF or some kind of loose connection somewhere. While lot of websites online say its a MAP sensor. What do I do now? Is it MAP or MAF or something else?

If it is the MAP sensor, does it say "boost sensor" on it (A friend of mine said that when the sensor goes bad the ECU goes crazy and it decides a fuel air mixture with maximum fuel, I unplugged this sensor and have been driving without it, to see if it improves the mileage, looks like it does).

If it is MAF is there a hose attached to it?, can some one help me locate them both. I am sorry, I am asking too many questions, I am sure you guys can understand, if I go to a stealer he is going to rip me of. Please help me. Thank you.

Regards, Solaiy

Reply to
Solaiy

Yes, stealerships do love you:) ...or maybe just u wallet?

MAF Mass AirFlow

-sensor. Measures airflow - after the air filter. Has got heater element in the airflow, behind it in the flow sits a temp sensor. Heater oxidizes and loses kick, may be helped with a cleanup. Try getting replacement from junkyard. Or buy reman from autozone (first, second, third are possibly dead, fourth may work...) click on

and see also 'FavoriteLinks' top left.

Easy to swap DIY if u happen to have a scredriver...

Measure voltage between MAF pin 1 [rightmost] & ground as connector is closed. Verify linear rise as rpm's increase. At 2500rpm should be around 1.5-2.1V ; See FSManual page EC-109

To clean connections, see pages 10 & 14

Absolute Pressure Sensor is used only for diagnostics; See FSM page EC-110

Reply to
Wiikinki