2002 Concorde Remote Trunk Release

I have a 2002 Concorde with a remote trunk release that stopped working. I get 12 volts at the release mechanism for the interior light on one of the

3 terminals that attaches to the solenoid when the trunk is open with the headlights on. I do not get any voltage when either the remote is pressed or the interior button is pressed on the other terminal. I have not been able to check the resistance of the solenoid. Is there a fusible link in line with the solenoid? Could I have a problem with the body computer? Everything that is on the main fuse that controls the trunk works.

Lloyd Levitt East Windsor, New Jersey

Reply to
Lloyd Levitt

There is no fusible link in line with the solenoid. There is a 6-cavity connector on the left side of the trunk that the solenoid wires go thru. Try resetting the BCM by pulling its fuse (fuse 19 in Junction Block) for a few minutes. Make sure connector is fully seated - my Concorde's deck lid solenoid quit working one time and I was pleasantly surprised to find the connector at the solenoid had totally demated.

Bill Putney