2002 Intrepid and Extended Warranty

I'm wanting to get XM radio installed on my 2002 Intrepid. I wondering on how to get it installed without violating my warranty if its even possible. I doubt the dealership garage would install it and I'm unsure if it would violate my warranty if a 3rd party installed the new radio. Does anyone have an experience with this?

Reply to
Araxen

Chrysler deals with Sirius radios, they are available on the 2003 models as an option. Your 2002 radio might be able to used to plug in the Sirius receiver that Chrysler sells. I know because I had a Chrysler dealer install the Sirius receiver and antenna, which hooked right up to the original radio in the car. I had Chrysler do the work because they warrenty the work for 1year, parts and labor, and the installation looks as though it is factory installed.

As far as "violating" your warrenty by having someone install something on your car-- you can have anything installed on your car, just understand that Chrysler isn't going to warrenty THAT part or the work that was done. If, for instance, you have some car audio place drill a hole for a satellite antenna, Chrysler won't fix it if your car developes a roof leak from the antenna. But if your car developes an oil leak, they still have to honor the warrenty, unless of course they can prove that the work on the antenna CAUSED the oil leak. I'm sure there are people out there in the newsgroup who can explain it better than I.

BTW, having satellite radio installed in my car is the BEST thing I've ever done. Great music, my type of music all the time and NO COMMERCIALS!!!!!!!

SRG

Reply to
SRG

Reply to