2002 Town & Country..Rough idlin& stalling problems

Hello all- While I don't know a lot about my van's engine and all the great info I have been reading here, I do know a rough idle when I feel it! My van was bought new in 4/2002 and I have had it in to the dealership 5 times since 5/2002 for a rough idle and occasional stalling. It is only noticeable when the vehicle is stopped (like at a light or stop sign). The dealership has either said they couldn't duplicate the problem, or experienced it but couldn't determine the source. The have replaced the Throttle Position Sensor 2xs and looked at something in the ignition. I am so frustrated that I am getting ready to file paperwork thru the NYS Lemon Law and go thru arbitration to try to get my money back. Any suggestions? And thanks so much! Karen

Reply to
welovedis

Did they clean the throttle body? Shouldn't need it but maybe you got a bad tank of gas early on.

info I have been reading here, I do know a rough idle when I feel it! My van was bought new in 4/2002 and I have had it in to the dealership

5 times since 5/2002 for a rough idle and occasional stalling. It is only noticeable when the vehicle is stopped (like at a light or stop sign). The dealership has either said they couldn't duplicate the problem, or experienced it but couldn't determine the source. The have replaced the Throttle Position Sensor 2xs and looked at something in the ignition. I am so frustrated that I am getting ready to file paperwork thru the NYS Lemon Law and go thru arbitration to try to get my money back. Any suggestions? And thanks so much!
Reply to
Art Begun

Does the engine leak or us oil?

info I have been reading here, I do know a rough idle when I feel it! My van was bought new in 4/2002 and I have had it in to the dealership

5 times since 5/2002 for a rough idle and occasional stalling. It is only noticeable when the vehicle is stopped (like at a light or stop sign). The dealership has either said they couldn't duplicate the problem, or experienced it but couldn't determine the source. The have replaced the Throttle Position Sensor 2xs and looked at something in the ignition. I am so frustrated that I am getting ready to file paperwork thru the NYS Lemon Law and go thru arbitration to try to get my money back. Any suggestions? And thanks so much!
Reply to
Art Begun

dealership

something

Reply to
Art Begun

Hi- No, I don't think they cleaned the throttle body, but I will check. The van does not leak or use oil, I have always taken it in for maintenace oil change, etc.. and that is never noted on my service records. I did decide to take it to a different dealership and will leave it there tonight and see if they have a different take on what is occurring. BTW-the engine is the 3.8 ltr V6. Thanks! Karen

Reply to
welovedis

I don't know anything specific about your engine but on some an intake manifold leak could be the problem.

The van does not leak or use oil, I have always taken it in for maintenace oil change, etc.. and that is never noted on my service records. I did decide to take it to a different dealership and will leave it there tonight and see if they have a different take on what is occurring. BTW-the engine is the 3.8 ltr V6.

Reply to
Art Begun

Ok thanks! I have written that down and will ask the other dealership if that is something that has been checked or if they can look at it.

Reply to
welovedis

Welcome to the club! I've got a 2004 Town&Country that idles rough, and occasionally doesn't want to go after being stopped at a light, etc. Dealer says that's typical, and it is due to emissions compliance. Service manager says he rode in the DC DM's vehicle, and it's worse than the customer vehicles he's been in.

have been reading here, I do know a rough idle when I feel it! My van was bought new in 4/2002 and I have had it in to the dealership 5 times since

5/2002 for a rough idle and occasional stalling. It is only noticeable when the vehicle is stopped (like at a light or stop sign). The dealership has either said they couldn't duplicate the problem, or experienced it but couldn't determine the source. The have replaced the Throttle Position Sensor 2xs and looked at something in the ignition. I am so frustrated that I am getting ready to file paperwork thru the NYS Lemon Law and go thru arbitration to try to get my money back. Any suggestions? And thanks so much!
Reply to
Bob

I wouldn't take his word for it. I'd ask for a test drive in another one from the lot.

customer

noticeable when

dealership has

Position