2003 Neon Auto Transmission Problem

My '03 Neon shifts very abruptly into 1st when coming to a stop. So abrupt is the downshift that the whole car shakes.

The dealer keeps telling me there are no error codes showing and, therefore, it must be working as designed.

I say BULL!

What components migth be causing this that will not create an error code?

Thansk in advance.

Reply to
Bob Snyder

The computer or clutch packs? You could try disconnecting the battery for a while to reset the learned programming. Then try driving to see if it disappears for a while.

Reply to
Brayton