Neon : Automatic Transmission Problem

Hi Folks. I got the same problem with 2 neons already (2000 and 2003). After 45 minutes to 1 hour of high speed highway traveling the transmission switches into the "emergency opterating modus" (that is how a mechanic called it). This means that the cars is much slower and there is no kickdown function possible. Somebody mentioned that this might be connected to the temerature in the transmission. Has anybody an idea what the problem is? Does anybody have the same problem? Please let me know. Kind regards, Patrick

Reply to
NiCAP