2004 Chrysler Town & Country Question

My newly purchased T&C began making a metallic clacking (rubbing) sound that is quite noticeable when coasting to a stop from 15-20 mph. It occurs in gear and in neutral, but cannot be duplicated with the front wheels off the ground. The dealer has ruled out brakes and suspects it might be coming from the trans. I am certain that the same noise exists at higher rpms but at a higher frequency which is not noticeable because it blends in with high rpm engine noise.

Anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Reply to
Frank

jdoe

It could be as simple as the wheel cover making click-click noise. This happened to our '97 Voyayer at speeds below 20 mph. Initially I thought it was coming from the transaxle/suspension. Took the van to a suspension shop, and the guy said it's just the wheel cover.

Tim

:> Anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Reply to
Timothy Kong

Thanks to posters for their response and comments.

Frank

Reply to
Frank

Reply to