1995 Cirrus Body Computer / Panel Removal

My fuel gauge does not work properly, my tach works intermittently, and now my odometer constantly reads out 'door' as if a door is adjar. It wanted to check out my body computer but don't know how to get to it (I believe it is behind the cig lighter at the center consol). I remove 2 screws from the panel below the steering column but cannot get the panel out. I can not see how it is attached to the dashboard.......any ideas how to get this off or a different way to get to the body computer? I suppose problems could also be related to a bad ground. The fuel gauge problem started after a fuel pump was installed. The mechanic replaced the fuel pump/sending unit 3 times to try to fix it. No luck. I gave up on ever getting it fixed and just used my odometer to judge when to fill up. Now my odometer doesnt work!!! Thanks.......

Reply to
Burnt Eddy

Same thing happened to me. The odometer reads fine, but as soon as I back out of the driveway, I hear the ding (like a door is open) and then the odometer just reads "door". This happened right after a passenger slammed the right rear door shut on the seat belt. I thought it had futzed up the, door latch, but apparently not.

Reply to
jenntenn