2004 Stratus Transmission Problem

Wife bought a new 2004 Stratus 4 dr 2.7L automatic. At 3500 mi, the check engine light came on. Dealer said it needs a new transmission controller. Two weeks to get the part (national backorder). Dealer put the new controller in last Fri. Now the check engine light is on, and the speedometer doesn't work. You'd think by now they should know how to fix this. Not a very good feeling for a brand new car.

Bob

Reply to
Robert Meyer

In the back of your manual there is a 800 # for Chrysler. Call it. That usually gets the dealer's attention. Suddenly they assign competent technicians to your repair.

Reply to
Art

also "whisper" PERHAPS THIS CAR IS A LEMON.......in the ears of the servicemanager or owner of the dealership or even both of them That will get the dealer's attention

-- snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com In the words of the IMMORTAL USED CAR DEALER: THERE IS AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT!

Reply to
Howard

Reply to
mic canic

So the dealer didn't perform the repair properly by neglecting to reset the pinion angle.... Please expand on this lack of competence and how it would fit into the Re: 2.7 overfilled with oil, what damage would be caused, discussion elsewhere in this group.

Thanks!

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Reply to
mic canic

I never said it had anything to do with the other discussion, I'm just curious about how this occurrence would fit into what is being discussed in the; Re: 2.7 overfilled with oil, what damage would be caused, thread and specifically how such an occurrence meshes with your last comment to Dan Stern.

IOWs, what explains this Stratus being DDRed (Down Da Road) with a very basic step in the TCM install having been omitted, and how might this relate to spending a day with you working flat rate?

The relevance is the other thread is about shoddy workmanship, this thread has an element of shoddy workmanship.

And no, I'm not necessarily making an attack on you personally.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

That seems to have fixed it. All is well. Thanks!

Bob

Reply to
Robert Meyer