2012 Wrangler transmission problem

Hey folks. Ii have a problem with my brand new 4 door wrangler transmission= . Intermittantly, it feels like the transmission is dragging. It won'tt coa= st when you let off the gas pedal, and at times it feels like i'm riding wi= th my foot on the brake, even though I'm not. The first couple times I brou= ght it back to the dealer, they claimed it was normal, but the thing starts= to drag really bad when it gets real hot, like somebody threw an anchor ou= t the back. There are no codes showing, and finally they gave me a black bo= x to record everytime it does it, and sent the results to Chrysler. Still w= aiting for the results. One, and only one rep told me its a known issue cal= led fish bite that they're trying to figure out. Anybody out there hear of = anything like this? It sure seems like I'm getting the runaround, with them= hoping I'll eventually go away, which I won!t. Thanks Bill Roach

Reply to
roachah123

they aren't hoping it will go away, but they cant seem to reproduce the problem. make sure you drive it until it fails with that box plugged in. that way it can record what's going on. it records real time and freeze frame data about engine RPMs, trans RPMs, gear the trans was in at the time of failure, what solenoids were engaged, etc.

the more info they can get, the better.

Also what happens when you manually shift it?

Reply to
Rob