3.5L Idle too high

97 Concord 3.5l 77,000 miles

Hi, My engine really roars to life when I start it. The tach goes to about 2800 then slowly drops to around 1300 over maybe 5 seconds. It will stay around

1300 even warm. No check engine light, runs smooth. I made a half-assed attempt to spray some throttle body cleaner in the two inlets but it didn't help, but it never has been cleaned properly. Could this be the problem? What are possibilities or what else could I check without consulting NASA? I am pretty good at fixing cars, as long as they are over 30 years old.

Thanks for any ideas, Dave

Reply to
Dave

Surely it TB needs cleaning and hopefully no damage was done by your spray.

Reply to
Art

I doubt I damaged anything- mostly I took a brush and cleaned around the plates to make sure they were closing ok. Am thinking of taking it in just to have it cleaned and see if that helps. Could it be a leaky intake manifold gasket? It does not look too hard to take off and that would be a good time to clean everything. Dave

Reply to
Dave