300 Convertible

Does any know, FOR SURE if the 300C convertible is going to be built, and when? Please advise. . .

Reply to
Marty

Look here:

Chrysler already built a convertible 300C 4 years ago.

And then Daimler swept it under the carpet.

Looks WAY better than anything BMW or Mercedes has EVER put on 4 wheels.

Looks light-years better than the current 300C monstrosity.

You can't tell me that a hard-top version of this car wouldn't look awesome compared to the piece of shit they're currently making...

Reply to
MoPar Man

Ahhhhh, Mopey, your same old line never changes and you continue to keep hoping the past will return and continue NOT accepting the present - poor baby! Chrysler did NOT build a 300C convertible four years ago but DID build a concept vehicle. You should learn what the difference is. As for "the current

300C monstrosity"..."piece of shit they're currently making", live with it as it is here to stay and, judging from public reaction and sales, a considerably large number of people like it compared to those that don't. As for the looks of that OLD concept vehicle of four years ago, it was nothing more than an update with a Hemi.
Reply to
RPhillips47

.....and one other thing, Mopey, the name was "Chrysler 300 Hemi C", not "300C". As you continue to dredge up the past, please do it correctly!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
RPhillips47

Reply to
Marty

*shakes the magic 8-ball*

"Answer unclear. Ask again later."

*shakes the magic 8-ball again*

"Perhaps."

*shakes the magic 8-ball again*

"Signs point to No."

*shakes the magic 8-ball again*

"Yes, definitely."

*shakes the magic 8-ball again*

"Quit shaking me, goddammit!"

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

All right, I'll continue my bitching to the DC rep's at the Detroit auto show next month.

But here's what I think you're looking for.

What is the Newport Convertible they're talking about? Any pictures of that?

Is the Sebring still available? Sebring convertible?

Will car-truck.com ever come back?

-------------------------------

Chrysler 300 Convertible Posted: Dec 1, 2004 6:38 PM Trevor Creed, head of Design [and the guy you can blame for the 300C hemi-tank/submarine/gansta-car], says a 300C Convertible is "not in the Chrysler group's plans because of the engineering changes required to build a four-door convertible".

Me thinks he doth protest too much.

The last four-door convertible I can remember was the early-sixties "Presidential" Lincoln Continental. Before that they were quite common in the forties and fifties, and looking back, combined elegance and style.

With the design advances since then in suspension, chassis stiffness, materials, and wheels and tires surely it is not a great technical challenge to build one today. The aftermarket (Newport Convertible) have already done it!

I think Mr. Creed is using code to tell us that he is not sure the market is big enough to support such a car, so he wants to leave it to the aftermarket to produce and see how it sells before plunging in with a factory commitment.

This, however will make it much more expensive - from $ 10,000 to $

15,000 more per unit versus probably $ 3,000 if produced at the Brampton, Ontario factory.

The Newport Convertible version of the 300C shown at SEMA looked fabulous, as long as the factory smoothes the junction where the soft-top meets the body behind the rear seat, and loses the roll hoop behind the front seat.

Then they would have another winner and continue to dominate the RWD full-size mid-priced market with still another model while Ford and GM dither. To reduce proliferation, it might be necessary to forgo the SRT-8 version of the 300C Convertible, but even in basic Hemi mode it would be very attractive, fill a unique niche, and be affordable.

This is not the time for Chrysler Design to get cold feet. With annualized sales of the 300 now topping 150,000 - twice what they were expecting, they should push on with this convertible! If it is successful, Dodge can follow with a two-door convertible Charger and the maybe the "coupe" crowd will finally stop whining.

------------------

see also:

MoPar Man

..........and I bet they will really listen???!!!

Reply to
RPhillips47

They will not be able to make the current 300C model look close to this sweet as a convertable.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I've never gotten that last answer before. I'd better keep shaking!!!

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Here ya go:

Just the pic:

-------------- Chrysler 300C Cabriolet: The Aftermarket Delivers a 300C-As In Convertible

MARK VAUGHN Published Date: 11/22/04

The only known cure for a post-Specialty Equipment Market Association soiree hangover is to talk about SEMA for as long as possible. That?s why we drove to Newport Convertible Engineering Inc. in Placentia, California, to pilot a stylin? white Chrysler 300C convertible that was out in front of the Las Vegas Convention Center during the SEMA show.

You can have your Chrysler dealer send a 300C to NCE to have the work done or bring in your own car. See newportconvertible.com for more information.

--------------

See also:

Chrysler 300C Targa Top:

300 Hurst:
How about the landau top?

MoPar Man

To me both 300 and the Magnum "over styled" (like the PT cruser and VW new bug) but it is hard to argue with success.

WVK

Reply to
WVK

That is it. AWSOME ! ! thank YOU ! for the site :)

Marty

they already made a 300C convertible, it is a classic.

Marty wrote:

Association

buckaroo'd

Word is that an auto customizer will have a convertible 300C at the Detroit auto show. If true, it will probably be on the lower level (where you do down the escalator through the VW exibit to get to).

Last year they had some Hummers down there with 24 and 28" wheels (which cost $30k for a set).

Anyone going this year?

Reply to
MoPar Man

The current 300 styling is growing on me but I still love the previous model and I would have killed for a 2-door convertible version of a nice big classy car in a ragtop like that. Seems nobody, not just Chrysler, is in the mood to build convertibles out of their largest cars, always going for medium and small cars like Sebring, the Pontiac G6, PT etc. And now Chrysler is getting rid of their two door cars completely (I think I read that somewhere a few days ago?) so that pretty much zips it up for them on a big convertible IMO. As for the current 300, I wouldn't exactly run to the dealership if they made a convertible of that body...Frenchy

Reply to
frenchy

Stinkin' roll bar ! >: P

Frenchy

Reply to
frenchy

I'll be there sometime during the event. Not sure at this point when.

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff