Can i ask a mercury question here?

I am in need of a rear window defrost switch (dash mounted) for a 1994 Mercury Tracer Trio. I cannot find it online . I have looked at many online stores...and nothing. I will call the dealer this week, but thought I could save a couple of buck online.

Thanks!

Kyle

Reply to
KM

It's the Escort's twin.... surprised you didnt notice that

try this guy:

Backyard Mechanic

IIRC, the tracer of 94 was a Mazda or some such, not an Escort.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

quote from Edmunds:

"Safety was kicked up a few notches for 1994 when a driver airbag debuted for all Escorts, as did optional antilock brakes (ABS) for the GT model. To the chagrin of enthusiasts, the feisty LX-E was dropped from the lineup. A "One Price" marketing scheme was instituted, offering buyers the choice of any LX model, equipped with air conditioning, power steering and a rear window defroster, for the same price.

Those bummed out by the death of the Escort LX-E could simply go to their Mercury dealer and buy its surviving twin, the Tracer LTS, which could now be equipped with ABS /unquote

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I offer you my most humble apology.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

Than is a common misconception but the only Tracers that were versions of a Mazda where the 1988 to 1990. As of 91, till its demise, the Tracers were a variation of the Escort.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Why, Lord knows I'm wrong often enuff!....

Besides, I thoght they BOTH were 323 knockoffs

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I was thinking for some reason that the Tracer didn't become an Escort until the 1997 Redesign.

Thanks for clearing up the timeline.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

OK, with all of that out of the way...am I simply looking for a rear window defrost switch for a 1994 Escort?

I appreciate the conversation and the original reply..but I still need the part.

Confused as usual...

KM

Reply to
KM

Probably!

If you really want one ...I guess we need to draw you a map!

Try Clayton Auto Parts and Wrecking, they used to take in a lot of fords

here's more, you might f> OK, with all of that out of the way...am I simply looking for a rear

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Thanks for the additional info. I am not helpless...just need to be steered in the right direction. Have been to many many websites that sell replacement parts. The "rear window defrost relay switch" seems to be a ghost or seldom seen part. I have thought about the local junk yards. Wanted to see if I could buy the part new online first.

Always appreciate the advice and the reply,

Happy holidays,

Kyle

Reply to
KM

New switches is, generally, a dealer only item

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter