300C Fuel recommendation

Greetings.

Does the 300C Hemi (not SRT) require premium or mid grade gas?

Thanks

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

The manual says "use 89 octane for optimum performance", but I have used regular at times and don't see any difference in performance and very little difference in mileage.

Reply to
4-2LGW

Thanks for the info.

How do you like the vehicle? Has it been trouble free. What is it you like and dislike about the vehicle.

I'm very interested in purchasing one so any information would be appreciated.

Ken

4-2LGW wrote:
Reply to
NJ Vike

The bad news is that the C has a bad repair record according to Consumer Reports for what its worth. The 6 cylinder is average reliability. May not be the engine. Could be added options with high end versions go bad.

Reply to
Art

Its worth nothing. CR is worse than useless.

Reply to
Steve

It works fine with 89, which is what the owners manual specifies, but it feels smoother with 93. I don't know if it's psychological or if the difference is real but my 300C AWD seems to run better with premium.

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

Art,

Yes. I've seen that but they don't provide any specifics. I'm not sure whether to believe them or not. I have found them right on the money about several cars I've looked at.

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

Thanks General!

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

Do you still have the M? If not, what are you driving now?

Reply to
NJ Vike

using premium gas can and will set a check engine lite in this car

4-2LGW wrote:

Reply to
philthy

We gave the 300M to my in-laws who love it. We had a tiny amount of body work done on it and then had it detailed and shipped it to them in Florida last year. Looked brand new when they got it and my wife saw it a few months ago and it still looked great. My wife bought a Honda Accord Hybrid to replace the 300M last year. Not a bad car but for a 5 or 6 year old design it still have a bunch of annoyances plus we miss features like auto headlights and driver seat glideback from the 300M. I needed a van so I could sometimes load my father's powerchair. I went with the Honda Odyssey to replace my Avalon. Didn't buy the Sienna because the Avalon was a rattle trap among other issues. Didn't buy the chrysler minivan because the chrysler service dept here had just become unacceptable.

Reply to
Art

We are looking. Haven't decided on anything. Cars I had to dismiss

Honda Accord -> I'm too tall. Really liked the car Lincoln MKZ -> I'm too tall. Really liked the car Camry -> No back support. Nice car though Avalon -> Still pursuing.

300C -> Still pursuing but comments in the Edmund's message board is starting to scare me. Some issues with the 300C. Acura TL -> A bit small but can fit okay. I really like this one Buick Lucerne -> No 6CD player with NAV. What's with GM anyway? I've noticed this on many of their vehicles. It's not a technology issue because you can get one with a Yukon or Cadillac. Chevy Impala - No rear room for passengers. LOVE that 303HP front wheel drive but watch out. Plenty of torque steer. Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - Even smaller than the Impala. Love the Heads-up-display and the auto stick on the steering wheel. Very cool. Ford 500/Mercury Montego - No frigging power. A little of 200hp doesn't move the car. Nice and roomy though and even a DVD entertainment system available with HID lights (Mercury only) Nissan Maxima - Nissan's flagship isn't getting more HP. In fact, the new Altama has more 270. Audi A6 - Slow but nice interior. Chevy Trailblazer - Gotta test drive one with the Vette engine. Liked it but no 6CD and Nav system and not much back support.

Bottom line

300C vs. Avalon.

Reply to
NJ Vike

Have you checked to see if the new year will bring more power to the Ford

500? I thought they were trying to fit a new engine into it finally.

I am only 5'7" and I fine the Accord a bit confining. Also headlights are pathetic. Dan S. sold me some replacement bulbs that give off 85% more light with no significant change in power problems to burn out wiring and that has helped a lot but it is unbelievable to me that people are driving Accords around with the headlights that come out of the factory.

Some people love their new Avalons but some people are unhappy because of unfixable AT issues so check the car you buy before signing the dotted line. If you detect the Avalon they are selling you has any hesistation between gears, don't take it.

Reply to
Art

I have a friend with last yrs 500 using the 3L HO Taurus engine. It's OK , thanks to the 6 sp auto. I would expect Ford to eventually upgrade it to the new VVT 3L engine used in the Fusion. If they don't Ford just isn't interested in giving customers the best they have.

Reply to
who

Yes. They will be adding a 263 or 265HP powerplant to their lineup. Should suffice but instead of beating the competition, they're just settling in. I think it's the same engine that's currently in the MKZ.

I liked the Accord. One thing about Honda I noticed and that is good back support with strong seats. Unfortunately, I don't fit in the car comfortably since I'm 6'2. I did, however, fit nicely in the Acura TL.

Yes. I did see complaints in Edmonds about that and the Lexus. How this hasn't gotten the publicity I'll never understand. You can bet the bank that if it was an American car it would've been on the front page of every newspaper.

Reply to
NJ Vike

You're right about that. I have had several Expeditions in the past and each new one you will notice, other than the engine, that the interior materials are garbage. In addition to that, the stereo is not as good as the MACH. They also removed those nice lights that were on the running boards and now gave us "puddle lamps" which doesn't help the people getting in and out of the rear of the vehicle.

Then they wonder why they don't sell. Sheez.

Reply to
NJ Vike