300m crack in dash

Do you think this is covered by the extended warranty?

Reply to
Fiberman

Let me guess: A crack over the passenger side air bag? Probably a '99 or '00?

Quite a dilemma for the owner. No way to repair without the risk of interfering with proper bag deployment. Unbelievable that there was no NHTSA recall on it.

There were several threads in the '03 and '04 time frame on the 300M Club forums where the dash crack problem was discussed at length:

I don't believe extended warranty was ever mentioned regarding the cracks. I would suggest registering and post your question there.

Bill Putney

And I thought cracked dashboards were left behind in the 1960's and

70's.

Really - cracked dashboard in your 300m?

Was this car left in the sun every day or what?

Reply to
MoPar Man

Is it a factory warranty? In any case read it. Some weatherstripping and trim are not covered. Even if not officially covered, and hopefully it is, I would try to politely talk them into it. Did it crack at the passenger airbag? In that case I would argue that it was a functional flaw and not cosmetic in any case.

Reply to
Art

I'd call it a safety defect worthy of recall!

Bill Putney

Apparently not that uncommon on '99 amd '00 M's (over passenger side air bag).

See:

Bill Putney

If you have been taking your vehicle for service to a Chrysler dealer have the service manager contact the area rep for assistance. We have been replacing the them for our customers that went out of warranty.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower