Code question

My neighbors sister in-law was having trouble with her 89 Caravan 3 liter. It gave code 1 2 5 5 anyone know what that is?? Thanks in advance Dodgem

Reply to
Dodge-Him

I'm pretty sure that 12 means that the battery has been recently disconnected and 55 means "end of codes".

What sort of trouble are they having?

Dodge-Him wrote:

Reply to
Robbie and Laura Reynolds

Your "1 2 5 5" is a 12 followed by a 55.

12: Start of codes 55: End of codes

Translation, no flash codes stored. What is the nature of this trouble your sister in law is having with her '89 Caravan 3-litre?

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Reply to
Dodge-Him

Reply to
Dodge-Him

"Dodge-Him" If you ran into that much water to get the battey wet you may be swapping out alot of other things down the road

Reply to
maxpower

If the water was that deep I would check the transmission for water contamination too.

Reply to
Coasty

If water got in to the engine you likely have major problems. Water is non compressible so if it gets pulled in to the cylinder something is going to break. Usually a rod bends. Check your compression first to see what the numbers look like.

Next step I would take would be to do a complete "tune up" since you already know it needs plugs and wires.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.