300M /Middle Stop Light on trunk

In replacing this bulb, I only had one of the bulbs used in my outdoor lighting (low V/) put it in and it works fine... any possible problems in doing this? It is a trip to go to auto store and thought it looked the same , and by golly it works... thanks to this super group for many problems solved and a very Happy New Year. Ralph Griffith

Reply to
Ralph Griffith

Some LV architectural lighting does indeed use 12v bulbs of the same form factor as some automotive lights. But the wattage must be correct, so check it carefully to make sure it matches, because there are about eight differently-rated bulbs in that exact form factor. They'll all fit and light up, but if you install one of too low a wattage, your centre brake light won't be bright enough. If you install one of too high a wattage, the centre brake light will be too bright until it melts.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern