88 Daytona: No Reverse...

A 1988 Dodge Daytona, Turbo 2.2L, with 5-speed manual trans...

It won't go into reverse; I've removed the the knob, the pull-up ring, and the "console", (the ashtray, stick-boot, cassette box assembly...), and I'm manually performing the action that pulling up on the pull-up ring would do-- no go.

My trouble is, not only does nothing happen, I can't see that it ever did anything at all-- it seems like a complete placebo. ??? In other words, I see no broken cable (or any cable) hanging off the bottom of the stick, no arm or lever or anything... So the problem is, I can't even figure out *how* pulling up on the pull-up ring *used to* allow me to "tell" the transmission that I wanted reverse.

Is it clear? Help!! I can't fix it when I can't even figure out what needs fixing!

Eden

Reply to
Eden Smallwood