88 New Yorker- SLOW turn signals????!!

I checked my battery voltage = 12.5 v. With engine running, wipers and turn signals on = 14 v.

Now what?

Reply to
Bobby D.

Yup. They are coils - at least a coil. Or a bunch of coils in series , concentrically wrapped - or co-axially wrapped - or what ever.

You are just being picky.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

BTW my hazards flash at a normal speed all the time even with car off.

Reply to
Bobby D.

Then your problem has nothing to do with the charging system. Look carefully for burned-out bulbs front and rear -- remember, this car has

2 or 3 bulbs on each side on the rear, all of which should flash -- and if replacing bulbs doesn't help, then you've got one or more faulty wire(s) in the system, probably at or near one or more bulb socket(s).
Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Sorta like I'm "picky" for insisting on proper diagnosis, compared to your "Just replace the condenser, evaporator, radiator and entire rest of the cooling system all at once because it's less hassle" approach.

I can live with that.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Possibly the wrong bulbs? Using 1034 instead of 1157 bulbs was a common cause of slow flashing signals in days of yore. (1034 bulbs were lower wattage versions of the 1157 bulb. There is/was a higher watttage version as well - cannot remember the number offhand.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Except that 1034 bulbs have been scarce as heffalump teeth for a couple of decades now.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern