Turn signals

The turn signals went out on my 91 Explorer. Found out i woud have to replace the switch in the steering colume. Well could i make my own with some toggle switches and a flasher. Pulled one of the back tail lights off and tried every combo to make the running lights ,brake lights and turn signal all work at once. But no such luck. Any one with an idea would be helpfull.

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers

Either fix it properly or don't bother..... now there's an idea...

By the time you got your toggle switches up and running ( and driving 400 miles with a turn signal flashing), you could have popped a multi-function switch into that puppy and be done with it.

Someone has already invented the wheel... we don't need to "re-invent" it.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Well guess what . I re-invented the wheel . The part i needed was $182 at the stealership. Made my own for $20. Works just fine there Jimmy. I'll leave the flasher on for 400 miles just for you.

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers