89 LeBaron converible

Can anyone help? A strap from a golf bag is caught in the trunk lock of my '89 LeBaron convertible, and the trunk will not open.

The key has been lost for some time, and the trunk-release will not open the trunk. Can't access through the back seat, and have thought about punching/replacing the lock Thought I would check to see if there was simple solution I hadn't thought of.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Many thanks!

Reply to
Gerald