91 LeBaron almost failed idle hydrocarbons

Hello All:

I just got back from getting my LeBaron emissions tested (3.0V6), and it almost failed idle hydrocarbon. Here are the results: Hydrocarbon Loaded: 82, alllowable standard 220 Hydrocarbon Idle: 217, allowable standard 220

I almost failed IDLE Hydrocarbon.

I went back and looked at least year's test, and the Idle Hydrocarbon was 145. So, sonething has changed in one year (and 8K miles).

Any comments, or advice is appreciated. Thanks, and take care, Bill

Reply to
billccm

Most common reasons are a poor oxygen sensor, catalytic converter or just plain dirty engine oil.

Reply to
Road Runner