93 caravan transmission: no reverse

I took the tranny out of my 93 caravan and replaced it with one from the junkyard. It drives flawlessly as long as I am going forward, but it doesn't go in reverse at all. Is there something I can do to correct this without taking the transmission out? If I have to swap again, that's OK, because everything purchased from this particular junkyard has a 30 day guarantee. (not bad for a $70 transmission!)

Because it's Sunday afternoon I'm going to take a rest on this project until next weekend. I drive a 150 mile delivery route around the city every day for work. Would I be stupid to drive this van to work this week?

Reply to
Robbie and Laura Reynolds

Nope Respectfully submitted,

Loren Knighton Woodland, CA.

Under the hood since 1964 Member TRNI IATN

BACKNCARDR