94 intrepid harness wiring-trunk light

Somewhere I have a short in the harness wiring from the trunk light switch to ground. The switch normally connects to ground. But regardless of the switch, the message center light showing the trunk is open, and the light inside the trunk stay on. I have disconnected the switch, but that doesn't help. Any known chronic problems in the 94 intrepid wiring that I should look for? I've taken the bulb out of the socket for now, but the message center light is still on. Any thoughts/ TIA. Appreciate if you can email answer: snipped-for-privacy@muderick.com

Reply to
michael

mic canic