Short in wiring harness help??

Somewhere I have a short in the harness wiring from the trunk light switch to ground. It comes and goes a few days at a time. The switch normally connects to ground. But regardless of the switch, the message center light showing the trunk is open, and the light inside the trunk stays on. I have disconnected the switch, but that doesn't help. Any known chronic problems in the 94 intrepid wiring that I should look for? I've taken the bulb out of the socket for now, but the message center light is still on. Any thoughts as to where this may be? Does it have to be in the trunk area or could it be undercarriage. TIA. Appreciate if you can email answer: snipped-for-privacy@muderick.com

Reply to
Mike Muderick

I should have added--- it's a '94 Intrepid.

Reply to
Mike Muderick

turns at the hindge?

Reply to