Pre-warranty-expiry checkup?

The standard 3/36 warranty on our 300M will be expiring soon (although we do have the extended powertrain warranty at no extra charge), and I am wondering whether to try and get the car checked out before then so that anything I haven't noticed can be fixed under warranty. In Australia the motoring associations (equiv. of AAA) used to offer such a service, but I've never heard of this in the USA.

IMO a dealer does not have a good incentive to look for problems, because Chrysler may well pay them less for a warranty repair than they could charge the customer for an out-of-warranty repair.

Suggestions?

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Honestly, most people that try to do that don't want to pay any kind of fee to have there car checked out before its out of warranty.They say my car is still under warranty and Im not paying anything.. If you were to pay for a

30k service at the dealer, they are supposed to check the car out for you and perform all adjustments and if there is anything found such as oil leaks or worn parts that are covered under the warranty they should let you know. Other wise have an independent shop check it out

My opinion only Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

AAA does offer something, but being AAA is not free and if it's free it's usually not good, unless you're being towed on a beautiful, sunny day. Then they are great. On a bad day? I've gotten a busy signal or forget about it.

Okay ranting aside. They have a vehicle check-out or used to have one. Around $60. A special center, only one, located around a big city

It's not a specific end of warranty service but a through check-out the whole car kind of thing. I don't know if they do it anymore and if they now charge more money.

In your case, I might ask the dealer itself or another dealer, that would be better, if you catch my drift, perferably a dealer who likes to find things wrong with a car, and ask them to thorougly check out your car. The labor costs would be about the same as AAA's check-out I reckon.

And you would have it in writing from a Chrysler dealer. And I have often read here, if it's in writing from the dealer, then you have a better shot at getting something fixed when you are out of warranty.

How's that for some suggestions? Not bad, not bad at all.

Reply to
Treeline