94 New Yorker Steering Problem, HELP!!!!

I rotated my 4 tires last weekend, and balanced the wheels that were on the back so I wouldn't have this problem, and now it shakes like crazy when I hit 70 MPH and also when I hit the brakes at around 30-40 mph. It feels like there is a "hump" on one of my tires, but I checked them and they seem fine. They still have about 70% life. Prior to the rotation, I did not have any of these problems, maybe wheel a little loose, but not the shakes, so before I go to the shop this weekend, I want to have an idea so I don't get ripped off. Thanks for your feedback.

Reply to
ElGalanazo

Maybe wheel alittle loose you say??? Do you mean now since you rotated the tires it may be loose?

Glenn beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

No, Prior to rotating, it had a little play, but now is that plus the shaking.... Thanks.

Reply to
ElGalanazo

It sounds to me like something else is wrong, and it just took this moment to show up. Kinda on the lines of if it aint broke, don't fix it. :(

I would re-rotate the wheels back to their original positions, and see if the problem disappears. If it does, then my bet is that there is a problem with one of the wheels.

If the problem persists, then it is not the wheels at all - and could be any number of things: ball joints, half-shafts, steering rack, tie-rod ends....

And by your "a little loose" comment, I presume you are referr>I rotated my 4 tires last weekend, and balanced the wheels that were on the

Reply to
NewMan

Did you get the front end recall done on that car? Call your dealer and find out. If not, you probably should have the car towed to the dealer to get it done unless you want real damage to the front end.

Reply to
Art

Hmmm first time I heard of this. I have not done any recalls. I'll look into it. Thanks.

Reply to
ElGalanazo

Call a dealer with your VIN.

Reply to
Art

I checked on recalls, but I did not see none for this problem I was having. It was a matter of paying more attention to my car. I did not do any work/inspection on my suspension for the past 2 years, and I ended up with outer tie rods disintegrated, 1 bushing gone, the shaking of the wheel when I hit the brakes was caused by a worn out rotor stuck to the pads, all this plus the labor, aligment and balance cost me 500 dollars. Now I am not selling my car, I'll use it till the engine or transmission dies. Thanks for your inputs.

Reply to
ElGalanazo

I had a 94 LHS and it was never recalled. Not sure what that's about.

I second un-rotating the tires. Put 'em back and see what happens. Also, consider that whoever balanced them could have made a mistake. You may have one that's badly out of balance.

Reply to
Joe

I mean, of course the front suspension was never recalled. It was recalled lots of times!

Reply to
Joe

There was a recall to strengthen the front chasis. Dealers were instructed to install a large bracket because the steel could fail where front suspension parts attached. His symptoms as described was so severe, I felt the recall should be checked first with a phone call to the dealer. Of course normal rubber bushing wear and other front end parts wear also needed to be checked if the recall had been performed. But some people have had catastrophic failure to the front end if they did not have the recall performed.

Reply to
Art

Here is a link to a search of this group that covers the recall in detail:

Art