95 Neon TB and manual transmission question

I have had my 95 2 door, SOHO Neon for about 2 months now. It has about 135k km on it. (Yes I am Canadian). Anyway, I have two questions;
First off, I aquired a TB of a 95 automatic transmission SOHO Neon. It is the 55mm model. If I am not mistaken, the one on my car is 49mm. With the car being completely stock, (other then the sterio) would this make any difference if I installed this one? My second question is regarding the transmission. I have noticed that over the last month, it is sometimes a bit harder to shift down. The shifter is not as smooth when down shifting. Shifting up on acceleration is smooth. Could this be a cabling issue? maybe the clutch cable or shifter cables? Also, can the manual transmission be flushed and filled simular to an automatic? I asked the service guy at my local 5 star dealer, and he looked cross eyed at me. (this is the same guy that F*&$ed up my ignition switch when I brought the car in the have the key lock in the ignition changed.)
Any help would be great. e-mail at mlawrenc(at)rcc.on.ca
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Mike wrote:

TB = throttle body. You are not charged money per letter that you type to make usenet posts.
SOHO is a district in London, England. SOHC means "Single Overhead Camshaft".
And no, installing the larger throttle body on your SOHC Neon won't make a significant difference in anything unless you drive all of the time with your foot on the floor (full throttle).

Could be.

The manual transmission can be drained and refilled. "Flushing" a manual transmission is difficult and risky.

Suggest you find a different service facility.
DS

Thank you for the input. I think that I may put the throttle body on one of these days when I have nothing else to do. If anything, I think that the cleaned throttle body will make a bit of a difference, probably more then the fact that it is a bit bigger. As for the transmission flush, when you mention that it is "risky", what is the risk involved? Might be a dumb question, but I do not have much experience with the manual transmission. (all my cars to day where automatic)
Thank you again for the input. Mike
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Mike wrote:

The manual transmission involves no fluid pumps or filters -- the fluid is for lubrication. Adding a flushing compound can compromise seals and can stir up crud best left adhered to the bottom of the case. If you feel the trans oil needs changing, go for it, but don't flush it. Be very careful to stick to the fluid type specified. If the manual says to use 5w30 engine oil, then use 5w30 engine oil, NOT ATF or any specially-prepped manual transmission lube. If the manual says to use ATF, then use ATF. You can, if you wish, use a premium grade of whatever fluid is called for -- synthetic 5w30 or synthetic ATF, for instance.
"Daniel J. Stern" wrote:

Also, a buzzword in computer marketing meaning small office/home office (intermediate to simple home use or full business use).
The T-350 trans in your car requires a special fluid. It is called "Manual Transaxle Lubricant" the mil spec is ms-9417 and the DCX part number for 1 quart is 04874465 and it holds 2 - 2.3 quarts. Using the wrong fluid can cause shifting problems.
Bill