95 neon no start question

Can't start car, no crank. Haven't had any recent starting problems which may have led to this. Battery is good, but I notice when I turn the key my digital clock on the radio will turn off. I do have some transmission issues but the car has been running regularly until now. Any ideas? thanks.

Reply to
peds

What does the dome light do when you turn the key to start?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

dome light stays lit

Reply to
peds

A dome light that doesn't dim suggests that there is no current flow thru the starter. Next step would be to test at the starter solenoid for voltage to engage the starter when the key is turned to start, if there isn't, you'll need to backtrack to the neutral/clutch safety switch and the starter relay. If there is voltage to the solenoid, the problem is internal to the starter, perhaps worn contacts.

Reply to
aarcuda69062