'96 New Yorker Engine Cradle Bushing Alignment

...searched the news group but haven't found anything relevant to this. I've installed the engine cradle isolator bushings on my '96 New Yorker, and I'm told by a few shops that I need to have the engine aligned. The Haynes manual has no information on it at all. Has anyone encountered this? How do I align it? How can I know what the correct alignment is? What consequences do I face if I drive it w/o proper alignment? Would it be safe to drive it to a mechanic to align if it's something I can't do myself?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Reply to
Sam

There was a complicated TSB for that vehicle when there was a complaint that it faded to the left. Wonder if that is what they are talking about. Someone posted an outline of it here years ago. If you search using

the groups page to search this group you should be able to find it. Also you should see it listed under
and get the number and ask your dealer to print it out for you.

Reply to
Art

Thanks for the input. The

link was helpful. I couldn't find anything relevant in my search of the group.

In talking with some mechanics I know, I've learned that this isn't too big of a deal. Most likely the cradle alignment, if not correct when the bushings are reinstalled, can be aligned during a normal front-end alignment, which is good to know.

Thanks!

Reply to
Sam