97 caravan rad/ac fan relay

As most of you may know the fan relay is a solid state unit on the 96+ caravans.

My friend's caravan's a/c/rad fans are not coming on when they're supposed to and I checked out the fans today by directly connecting the fans to the battery and they work fine.

However, before I go out and buy a new fan relay from dodge I want to know if there is supposed to be a reference signal from the pcm module on the light green wire that hooks up to the fan relay.

When I jump the dark green wire and the gray wire the fans kick on high speed meaning that they work. But when I measure the reference signal from light green to ground there is nothing coming from the PCM.

Is there supposed to be no voltage from the pcm module?

How can I for sure confirm that the fan relay module is bad? Thanks

Reply to
Steve

Before going out and buying the relay have the dealer check to make sure that you had 8251 recall performed on your vehicle, that recall replaces the fan relay you are referring to. or e mail me the last 8 of the vin and i can check it for you

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname