'97 Jeep Starter Motor

Okay..a real quick question here. My starter just went dead on my 97 jeep wrangler, I got a heavier duty one (A mean green) but the problem i am having is that the wiring is different. The wiring to attach to the starter is not two wires..well it is..but its that the two wires are molded together using ruber or latex.And the orientation on the stock motor is so that both terminals are vertical and accordingly, the wiring "boot" is oriented so that it will only fit that way. Now, on the new motor, one terminal is vertical but the other is horizontal. So, i need to know if i should just try and serperate the two wires by just cutting the boot or if there are any other suggestion?

thanks.

I hope i made it clear enough

Reply to
seryozha.sundstrom