98 breeze blower motor amps?

how many amps is two much for a blower motor with the 2.4 and ac have blown the 2nd Blower Motor Resistor in 3 weeks first was OEM anyone have a good guess for it ?

ps i also have to do a head gasket SOON, big oil leak is it a pain in the ass to do , or just the 15 or so hours for me to do have only done

1 other head gasket before

thanks for any info

Reply to
Not Trying

I don't know the amperage rating, but, on my Intrepid, when my resistor went out, I put a new one in and it promptly went out. So I just replaced the blower motor assembly. New resistor, no more problem.

Larry Behold Beware Believe

Reply to
Larry Crites

Head gasket is not bad just time consuming. PS resivoir is a "B" Make sure you get the new style 3 layer gasket & you are supposed to replace the head bolts. Figure a long weekend Check the rear lobes on the cams as the leak can cause inadquit oil to the cam journals.

Reply to
sqdancerLynn

thanks for all the info i knew about the new gasket but did not hear about the cam pulled the blower today and it's kind of stiff not bad but not good so i think i have to pop in a new one.

i wish i could get a .pdf file for the head gasket replacement steps and not have to buy a $90 book... i know it's on a cd or book so i just need that part

any idea where that might be found ? thanks again everyone

i think i will do it in a week or so ....

Reply to
Not Trying

You could spring for a

subscription ($25 for a year; $15 for any second vehilce or anual renewal) for your vehicle - should have the procedure. Whatever it does have should be right out of the FSM (i.e., not some aftermarket half-baked re-write).

Also - Bigger city libraries have FSM's.

Bill Putney

I agree with Bill on this one. You will want to have a FSM or an alldata subscription. Also, I would suggest taking the head to a competent machine shop to re-surface if needed. They can also replace any valves or springs if needed. The new MLS "Multi-layered steel" headgasket is available from the dealer. I don't know if it is available from the aftermarket yet.

The new gasket was put into production around Feb. 1999, at least that is what I have been able to determine.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson

might be a good place to get the info i need

so thanks for the help right new i have some jb weild or the left back of the head and it looks like it stoped the oil drip for now so i have some time untill after the hollidays i hope to rip it apart

ps the car has 59,000 on it and always have used moble1 full sys in it

it looks like if i bought the car 2 months later it would have had the updated gasket....

thanks

Reply to
Not Trying