99 Concorde HVAC Question

I have a Concorde 1999............has a electronic display/controls for the HVAC.....blower motor rotary/speed switch is part of the underlying control board. All works with exception that fan is on high all the time regardless of rotary switch position. I have seen posts that say a common problem is open resistor and possibly worn motor wrecking the resistor. These posts all refer to the fan only working on high "position". Mine is on high regardless of switch position. Even when HVAC switched to off. Resistor? Something else?

Reply to
HH

I can't say for sure about a 1999 Concorde (second generation) but on the first-generation Concordes, the electronic HVAC system doesn't use a simple resistor for fan speed control. There is a module under the dash near the fan motor that receives the commands from the control head and then regulates power to the fan motor (either a linear power amplifier or a pulse-width modulator, I never bothered to test and see but its got some power transistors on it). When that sucker fails, you get (you guessed it) high fan all the time. IIRC, it was order of $50 to replace.

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
philthy