2002 Buick--Where's the Blower Resistor Pack?

I've lost the lowest speeds on the HVAC blower in my '02 Buick Century. Where's the resistor pack located? Does anybody have a drawing or link to a site where I can get one?

Thanks!

Reply to
TheBreeze

It mounts into the air plenum at the blower motor. Under the dash on the passenger side. Two screws hold it in place and the one closest to the firewall can be a tedious removal. No need for any drawings - it's visible under the dash. You can get these at the deal for under $20 (depending on where you live). I'm not sure if the aftermarket carries the resistor pack or not.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

You were right about the location, but there were three screws. What a tedious process! I left the back two loose, and replaced the resistor pack. The fan STILL doesn't work. What do I look for next?

PS: I made sure the fuses were good (Low Blower, High Blower) and that resistor pack connectors were properly seated.

Reply to
TheBreeze

If you got the automatic climate control there is a Blower Module that is known to fail as well. Not sure of its location though.

Good Luck

harryface

05 Park Avenue 41,644 91 Bonneville 306, 980
Reply to
Harry Face

Check the contacts for the switch itself. This is another fairly common failure point - though less common than the resistor pack.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

After replacing the resistor pack and not getting the blower to run, I removed the blower. Removing the HVAC control and jiggling the connectors hadn't fix it. Operating the switch, there was 12 V at the connector in any fan position except "off." I tested the blower motor with a 9V battery, and it ran. So, I reassembled the whole thing and it ran OK. So, maybe there as an intermittent connection among all the junk I removed and replaced.

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
TheBreeze