99 Dodge Stratus Windshield Trim falling apart..Dealer Only items?

My wife's windshield trim's rubber on the outside of the windshield is starting to get brittle and break apart and fall off exposing the windshield edge.

I found a site online that sells this trim piece for 55.00 plus shipping for EACH side which seems high since all it seems to be is a aluminum strip with rubber coated on the outside of it.

Does anyone know if there are aftermarket replacements for this part or is it dealer only?

I might hit the salvage yard but with weather conditions and the summer heat here, I'm thinking it's all going to be in the same condition.

Reply to
Moparmaniac

When the coating peeled on one windshield side trim piece on my '99 Concorde, I got a new one from an on-line discount dealer for under $30 plus shipping. I would think the one for the Sebring would be similar if not less.

I dout there is an aftermarket source for it. You might try stripping it and painting it after proper prep (light sanding and cleaning with appropriate solvent).

Bill Putney

Does this trim get replaced when the windshield does? If so, an auto glass shop may be able to help.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson