'99 T&C Limited head Light replacement - Adjustment

After struggling too long with badly deteriorating headlight visibility, I forked over 4 bills and replaced them. About an hour to install them and I now have essentially new light power.

So what is the proper way to adjust them? Because of the vehicle model, these are the Quad style lights. I assume the low and high beams need to be adjusted separately, but where should they point. (I know that the obvious answer is "forward". But that is not good enough.)

Can anyone be more precise?

Reply to
Piperson

Where did you get the headlight? How much does it cost? Is it an obvious improvement? I have the same vehicle and I (actually my wife) hate it from day one...

Reply to
harry

The most precise way of aiming the lamps is using an optical beamsetter correctly. This is one of those wheeled devices that looks something like a TV camera; the technician wheels it into place in front of the headlamp and aims the beam by referring to the beam image in the beamsetter's viewing window. These are getting more common than they used to be in North America, but it can still be hard to find shops that have them and use them correctly. Try calling high-end body shops or import-specialty houses.

If you cannot locate a shop with an optical beamsetter, aim the lamps using the low beam pattern and the "VOR" aim instructions , per

No, the two beams are adjusted by the one aim procedure. There is no separate aiming for the high beams.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I have found them on the internet for about $185 each. That is about what I paid for them locally here in cleveland, Oh from a local parts supplier.

They are factory (perhaps "like") replacements. I replaced the > Where did you get the headlight? How much does it cost?

Reply to
Piperson