1995 Chrysler Concorde starting problem

I have a 1995 Chrysler Concorde with a 3.5 motor and auto trans. I recently started to have a starting issue. When I go to start the car weather cold or warm it wont turn over. If I move the key from start position to off and back a few times then it starts. I removed the starter and replaced with another I had on the shelf but that did not help any. It eventualy starts after 7 to 10 tries...The battery and conection is good. The key is good. I have power to everything --- (nothing is not not working.) Thanks Frank

Reply to
m715fm

If you have power to everything including the starter solenoid, battery supply to the starter and it still wont start. You have 2 things that could cause the problem. a bad ground at the battery or a faulty starter. Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Glenn Thank you for the response. I checked the battery and cables- all are ok. I replaced the starter and still the same problem. I took some dw-40 and put some on the key and inserted it into the ignition. This helped and for a short while it would start up every turn of the key. About 10 minutes later it went back to being sporadic.It starts up but at times it take 4 -

6 tries. Please help me figure this out.
Reply to
m715fm