99 Voyager Electrical Problems, Please Help

Hi,

I've just picked up a 99 Voyager 2.5 Diesel, and I have discovered the following problems.

The Radio is totally dead, tried the fuse in the fuse box under the dash but that seems fine, any other fuses / breakers that may affect the radio?

Also, and more importantly with the ingnition off, none of the electrical items work, including interior lights, & the central locking, meaning I can't easily open the car. I have noticed a problem with the ignition in that I can remove the key, no matter what position it's in, including with the engine running, might the ingition switch be my problem here, or could it be something else.

Third problem, one of the folding mirrors does not fold, it makes all the right noises but no movement, doesn't look to have been hit, is it easy to inspect the linkages inside the mirror?

That's it for now, thanks in advance.

Bryan

Reply to
bryan

Check the IOD fuse under the hood in the Power Distribution center, the box with the black cover on it. The fuse is more then likely blown or missing. The mirror......replace it

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Have you checked the relays and fuses under the hood right next to battery. Here's a trick, on the relays since you can't look a them to see if they are any good. Most of the relays (ABS,HORN, and so on). You can switch them around to see if it's any good or not. Make sure you don't get too mixed up doing this. Good Luck!

Reply to
wonecold1

Glenn,

Top man, many thanks, all is now well in Voyagerland.

Reply to
bryan

Well I wouldn't jump the gun on voyager land... if the fuse was blown and it blows again you may have a problem. But I will help you keep your fingers crossed