* * Please help! '02 S55 front door not working.. * *

Hello. I've had my 2002 Mercedes S55 a little over a week now and have just had my first problem. The front passenger door does not seem to working.. that is, the power assist close, the folding side view mirror and seat adjustments, etc are not working. Would anyone have ANY ideas on what could be causing this? It seems to me that it may be a fuse or something. But I'm not sure where to start looking. Should this be taken to a dealer? Or could I expect my independent mechanic to be able to fix this?? I have the fuse sheet but can't figure out which fuse to look at. From what I could tell.. it may be F13 or F39 (40A). I check both and both looked ok. I didn't want to go any farther.. so I thought I'd ask for some help here. I would appreciate ANY advice on this. * * Please e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@jhu.edu * *

If this is not the forum to post this, please let me know where else I can ask for help.

Thanks in advance!

Dave Webb Baltimore, MD

Reply to
dawson9a

I doubt that there's a separate fuse just for those circuits on the front passenger door. Are all of those functions activated from the same switch or switch cluster? You might have a faulty switch or wiring.

You can also try

for information - there's a lot of traffic to that site, and someone's probably seen your problem before.

Reply to
Scott Gardner

Take it in to the stealership. Make sure they carefully describe the problem and then keep the receipt or shop papers describing this problem. Ask your lawyer to check the lemon laws in your state or the state where the kar is kept and serviced. Then just keep taking it back each time you see any problem and get it all documented. Then when the lemon law requirement is met, take the kar in and get a different kar for free! Oh - be sure to keep carefull records of repairs and repeated repairs on the new kar too! This way you will probably never have to pay for a new kar again. Yes, it is true - the stealership will not be able to fix the problem. Ever.

mcbrue facingrealityly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
mcbrue