abs light on?

anyone know anything about this? the brakes seem fine. this is on a 1998 stratus w/v6 es model.

Reply to
Randy Pape

anyone know anything about this? the brakes seem fine. this is on a 1998 stratus w/v6 es model.

Reply to
Randy Pape

You would have to connect a scan tool to see what fault code is stored in the ABS Controller.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

My ABS light started to come on intermitently and then more and more often on a 97 Dodge Caravan ES. The code came back as loss of voltage to sensor. Chrysler Tech on this NG advised that a weak battery will cause that code to set. Since the battery (Interstate) was about 4+ years old, I went ahead and replaced it with a Duralast Gold from AutoZone That was in June. No problems since..

Reply to
QX

I have a scan tool but I don't believe it shows abs codes. does the dealer have a special scan tool for this? my scan tool says no codes in memory. I'll check the voltage on the battery. thanks Randy

Reply to
Randy Pape

Your scann tool is probably only used for PCM fault codes and will not pick up ABS or air bag faults.

Glenn beasley Chrysler tech

-- Message posted using

information at

damnnickname

you're right glenn, I just read that somewhere too. thanks

Reply to
Randy Pape

I have the exact same car and experienced a similar problem at 100k miles. I had a fair amount of pulsation in the brakes when stopping. I did a brake job (pads/shoes and resurfaced rotors/drums) which eliminated the pulsation and the ABS light has never come on since.

Reply to
Gyzmologist

Reply to
Randy Pape

well i had a blown 20amp fuse in the PDC box .i put in a new one and light is out and all seems fine now.

Reply to
Randy Pape