Any Houstonians who can recommend a good AC Hose repair shop?

Im having trouble finding a repair shop that can fix the rubber part of my AC discharge hose. Are there any other options I might have?

98 concorde 3.2l
Reply to
AFX

Sure - buy it from the dealer. Or junk yard.

Reply to
Bill Putney

I'd have to check, but I believe that hose from any year 2nd gen. LH car with 3.2 or 3.5 engine would be the same. Obviously, if that's the case, if you go with a junk yard hose, the newer the better.

Reply to
Bill Putney

Drive it up to Austin Rebuilders.... in Austin. ;-)

There's GOTTA be a similar place in Houstopolis, though.

Reply to
Steve

Aparently not, I must have called 15+ places.

Reply to
AFX

It seems a lot of service type businesses like that are disappearing with replacement mass produced parts being almost as cheap as having OEM parts repaired/reconditioned. Case in point: 25 or 30 years ago, every town had at least one full service radiator shop. Now, for typically around $100, you get a brand new life-time guaranteed replacement radiator for probably what it would cost to rod out a radiator, and then you end up with a used rodded out radiator that has reduced cooling capacity and of unknown remaining life (before it sprouts a leak).

I think it all boils down to the overhead burdens for small repair businesses in this country can't compete with near slave-labor rate manufacturing overseas.

Reply to
Bill Putney

Yeah, I found 1 place to do it for 55$ across town, I just bought a new part for $63 at oreilys.

Reply to
AFX

Betcha could have shipped it to Austin Rebuilders and back for less than that WITH the repair. The last hose I had them fix for me was about $18 out the door.

Reply to
Steve