Any ideas about the power seats, which just stopped

My '95 Lebaron's power driver's seat stopped working about a week ago. No up, no down, no forward, no back. I was hoping to figure it out without posting.

It's not the circuit breaker because the power top and the power locks are still working.

I can't see any connectors under the seat that could have come loose. I did maul the cap of a pen moving the seat up, but when I put the seat back the cap was there.

I appreciate any suggestions of likely failures.

If you email me, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. If necessary, change domain to erols.com.

Directions are given as if you know nothing. There's a big range here but I don't know who knows what.

Reply to
meirman

That seat has a hot wire and a ground at the connector, start there, if you have ground and 12 volts, your problem is in the seat adjuster/switch in the seat

Reply to
maxpower

In rec.autos.makers.chrysler on Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:47:43 -0400 "maxpower" posted:

After studying the shop manual, I finally found the connector under the rear of the seat, and it seemed to be ok when I jiggled it.

I was forced to take apart the door again -- Well I didn't have to unhook it, I could reach my hand up from the bottom -- and push on the connector. I couldn't even feel it move, but somehow that was enough to make the seat work again. I didn't feel anything go click, as if the connector latch was catching.

I'll admit that I was in the door the day the seat stopped working**, but usually connectors stay on a lot better than this.

**I was also chomping things up by moving the seat forward.